We are now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year. Apply early to reserve your seat!
Admissions Process Checklist
All steps must be completed to be considered for admittance to StoneBridge School.
- Please contact: Julie Cooper, Director of Admissions, at (757) 488-2214 x132 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend an Admissions Tour or Open House. All new applicants are required to attend a tour. Please review the tour schedule and RSVP to reserve space at your preferred date and time. A Q&A session for interested applicants will immediately follow each tour. Private campus visits are available by appointment.
- Complete and submit the following items to the Admissions Office online. Incomplete applications may result in a delay of the admissions process.
- Family Application including pastoral reference contact information, personal testimony from at least one parent, and an intent of why your family is applying to StoneBridge;
- Record Release Form, required for all students who are transferring from another school. Homeschooled students should provide copies of recent testing and course overviews.
- Student application, K4-12th grade, including contacts for teacher recommendations. A separate preschool application is required for preschool applicants only.
- Copy of student's most recent report card;
- $125 non-refundable application fee for K4-12th grad, $50 non-refundable application fee for preschool.
- Testing appointment: Once the complete application is submitted, we will schedule a testing appointment. If requested items are not received two days prior to testing, the testing appointment will be rescheduled for a later date. At the testing appointment, Upper School students (6th-12th grade) and parents will meet with the Upper School Principal for a required initial interview.
- Admissions Pool: All applicants are placed in an Admissions Pool while the school gathers the necessary data needed to inform the Deans and Admissions Committee. To expedite the process, we suggest that you download the Record Release form, sign it, and return it to us as soon as possible. In addition, we recommend that you inform your references (pastor, school, and teachers) that they will be contacted soon.
- Upper School Principal Interviews (Grades 6th-12th): Parents will meet with the Principal to discuss the StoneBridge Ethos and family partnership. The student will also have a "getting to know you" meeting individually with the Principal.
- Testing: Students applying for K4-12th grade proceed to testing unless references are incomplete or indicate that further communication between the Principal and parent/student is required. Testing is not required for preschool students. A $125 testing fee is due at the testing appointment.
- Final Parent Meeting: All parents participate in a final meeting with the Principal. At this appointment, testing results will be reviewed for students applying for K4-12th grade.
- Enrollment contracts are issued at the Final Parent Meeting. Prior to the final meeting, you will receive financial paperwork for your review. At the meeting, a Business Office representative will review your payment options with you. Enrollment contracts may be completed at the appointment or submitted within one week to guarantee placement.