Open to the community, all boys and girls in grades K4-6th can sign up for Basketball Junior Leagues in the fall. This ten-week training program serves as a developmental program for all future SBS basketball players, and serves as a model of SBS Athletics values--character, confidence, cohesion and competition. Our Baskeball Junior Leagues meet on Saturdays, from September through November.
Soccer Junior Leagues
Open to the community, all boys and girls in grades K4-5th can sign up for Soccer Junior Leagues in the spring. This eight-week training program is designed to provide an opportunity for boys and girls to learn and experience the joys and benefits of sports. Facilities
The following athletic facilities are available to our students:
- Gymnasium with state-of-the-art scoreboards, concession stand, and bleachers
- Weight room
- Soccer/softball complex
- Access to track and baseball field
StoneBridge competes in the Metropolitan (Metro) Athletic Conference, which includes the following schools: Alliance Christian, Broadwater Academy, Hampton Christian, Isle of Wight Academy, Portsmouth Christian, Denbigh Baptist, and Atlantic Shores, as well as the Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association (VISAA) conference in basketball. Following are some of the highlights of our past few sports seasons:
- Girls' Varsity Volleyball - In 2016, won the VISAA Division III state title and the Metro Tournament and Metro Regular Season titles for the fourth consecutive year.
- Varsity Basketball - StoneBridge is the ONLY private school in Hampton Roads to win the VISAA state championship for both girls' and boys' basketball (2007 and 2009)!
- Track & Field - Senior Tim Long won the State Championship in the 200m in 2016!
- Varsity Soccer - The StoneBridge boys' and girls' soccer team won the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) award during 2006-07 school year.
As part of the philosophy of StoneBridge Athletics, we do not focus on one particular person as the "Most Valuable Player," because we believe that each participant in our sports program is valuable to his or her team. As a result of the philosophy of developing Christian character, we award our student-athletes with the awards of Leadership - Servanthood, Perseverance, Loyalty, and Most Improved. These awards (in the form of engraved trophies) are presented to the students at a special awards banquet held at the conclusion of each sport's season.