Liberty Day is StoneBridge's annual tribute to our military and is one of the most beloved events by our community. The highlight of the day is a candle lighting ceremony, where students light a candle to honor the service of family members, living and deceased. Armed Forces veterans, active duty, and retired members are invited every year to participate in this ceremony with their students. A slideshow with pictures of these military service members is also presented during this special day.
StoneBridge School looks forward every year to this very special day of honoring the men and women who protect our liberty.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are all military family members allowed to participate? Yes! Parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, extended family, and close family friends of any StoneBridge student are all welcome to participate. Those who are able to attend the ceremony may walk with their SBS relative in the candle-lighting ceremony. If none are able to attend, the children walk alone as representatives of their military family members.
- How does the candle-lighting ceremony work? During the Liberty Day Chapel, students and military members who are participating in the ceremony are asked to leave the sanctuary to line up for the processional. The students and military members are organized by the student's last name. The students (with or without military members) form a line and are announced from the rear of the sanctuary. Once their names are called, each service member and student will then walk together to the front of the sanctuary, where they light a candle to commemorate their service. Once the candle is lit, service members take a seat onstage while their accompanying student returns to their seats. At the conclusion of this processional, the military anthems for each branch are sung.
- Should military service members wear their uniform? Members of the military may wear uniforms but they are not required to.
- How can I request a service member be included in the program? To participate in the ceremony and/or slideshow, submit the Liberty Day form (attached here) with your photographs by the deadline noted on this form to Event Coordinator Shannon Clark at email@example.com.
- Do I need to submit pictures? The pictures are used in a slideshow that is shown before and during the ceremony. Pictures are not necessary to participate.
For any further questions about this very special event, email Shannon Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.